In this episode, I get a chance to talk to the team of qualification judges that I am privileged to be a part of for the British Institue of Professional Photography.
I thought it would be interesting (and so it proved to be) to ask each of them before and after the judging, what they would love to see, what (after the fact) was a highlight and what they would say to anyone thinking of getting themselves qualified.
The two days of judging are really intensive - you can hear the fatigue in the judges' voices later in the podcast - but what they have to see is inciteful and priceless.
The judges in this episode are:
- David Stanbury - https://www.stanburyphotography.co.uk/
- Catherine Beltramini - http://www.catherine-beltraminiphotography.com/
- Sean Conboy - http://seanconboy.com/
- Saraya Corteville - https://sarayacortaville.co.uk/
- James Musselwhite - https://www.portraitofawrestler.com/
- and me - https://paulwilkinsonphotography.co.uk
The chair of judges is Scott Johnson -https://www.theedgephotography.co.uk/
And if that weren't enough, I also get the chance to chat with Martin Baynes, the CEO of the British Institute of Professional Photography about qualifications and what the future holds.
- The British Institue Of Professional Photography - https://www.bipp.com/
So, all in all, quite a long podcast (just over an hour), but well worth it. So pour a cuppa, sit back and enjoy an insight into the judges and judging for professional photography qualifications.
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to Mastering Portrait Photography, where there are articles and videos about this beautiful industry.
PLEASE also subscribe and leave us a review - we'd love to hear what you think!
If there are any topics you would like to hear, have questions we could answer or would like to come and be interviewed on the podcast, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org